Implementation of the Open Government Partnership Initiative
in Ukraine on 2014-2015
The first year of the implementation of the OPG Initiative (July 2012 – October 2013) has resulted in increasing the level of openness and transparency of the Ukrainian Government. Meanwhile, the issues of concern that had affected the effectiveness of the planned activities were revealed.
Taking it into consideration, Ukraine will continue the implementation of the Initiative in four key areas:
1) Engagement of the public in formulation and implementation of the state policy:
- improvement of the procedures for cooperation between executive authorities and the public;
- providing a simplified and free access to the information in state registers;
- accomplishing measures in creating the system of registration of public information at the executive authorities.
2) Preventing and Combating Corruption:
- updating the content of the state anti-corruption program;
- engaging the civil society in the preparation of methodical recommendations on preventing and combating corruption;
- defining the mechanism of promoting the public expertise for anti-corruption draft legislation.
3) Improving the quality of administrative services:
- providing public access to administrative services;
- introducing an effective system of state and public control over the activities of administrative services.
4) Implementation of e-Government:
- implementing the best practices of e-governance in operations of all central and local executive authorities, further development of automated systems designed to simplify citizens - the governmental and government agencies interaction;
- implementing the measures to promote the use of legal content.